UPSC CMS 2020 Notification Out
UPSC CMS Notification 2020: The Union Public Service Commission, UPSC has released the Combined Medical Service, CMS 2020 Notification at its official website – www.upsc.gov.in. A total of 559 vacancies have been notified for the post of Junior Scale, Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, Assistant Medical Officer, General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO).
The last date of registration for UPSC CMS Exam is 18 August 2020. However, the online Applications can be withdrawn from 25 August to 31 August 2020 till 6.00 PM. As per the UPSC Calendar, UPSC CMS Exam will be held on 22 October 2020.
The candidates who have qualified their MBBS and are willing to apply for the UPSC CMS Recruitment 2020 may apply online from 29 July 2020.
UPSC CMS 2020: Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Combined Medical Services, CMS|
|Exam Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission, UPSC|
|Type of Question||Objective Type
(Multiple choice answers)
|Application Fee||Rs 200|
|CMS Exam Stage||2 stages|
|Exam Helpline No.||011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543|
|Exam Official Website||upsc.gov.in|
UPSC CMS 2020: Important Dates
CMS UPSC 2020 Events
|Date of notification||29 Jul 2020|
|Starting date of application form||29 Jul 2020|
|Last date of application form
and fee payment
|18th August 2020
till 6.00 P.M.
|UPSC CMS Form Withdrawal Date||25.08.2020 to 31.08.2020
till 6.00 PM.
|Issuance of admit card||3 weeks before the Exam Date|
|Exam date||22nd October, 2020|
|Declaration of the result||To be announced|
|Release of answer key||To be announce|
UPSC CMS Notification 2020: Vacancy Details
The total no. of vacancies that have been notified by the UPSC For the CMS is 559. The following table shows the post wise vacancy distribution.
UPSC CMS 2020: Vacancy details
|Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service||182|
|Assistant Divisional Medical Officer
in the Railways.
|Assistant Medical Officer in Indian
Ordnance Factories Health Service.
|General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO)in
New Delhi Municipal Council
|General Duty Medical Officer Gr-II (GDMO) in
East Delhi Municipal Corporation,
North Delhi Municipal Corporation
and South Delhi Municipal Corporation
UPSC CMS 2020 Notification PDF
The UPSC has released the notification for the UPSC combined Medica Services 2020- on 28th July 2020 on its official site which is www.upsc.gov.in. There are a total of 559 vacancies for the candidates who have passed the MBBS Course. The Official Notification PDF 2020 is given below to download.
UPSC CMS Exam 2020 Pattern & Syllabus
Scheme of the CMSE 2020
There are 2 stages of the Combined Medical Service Examination – Computer based test and Interview. Those candidates who qualify the 1st stage of the exam are required to appear in the Interview/ Personality test. The CBT stage carries 500 marks and the Interview stage 100 marks.
Stage 1/Part 1 - Computer Based Test – Total Marks - 500
- It is a Computer Based Test which consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Each paper carries 250 marks.
- Total mark of the CBT is 500.
- The questions in both papers of the CBT are objective type. Four options are given before every question. A student is required to choose the correct answer.
- There is a scheme of negative marking in the CBT papers. For every incorrect answer, 1/3 marks will be deducted.
- Each paper will be of 2 hours duration.
Paper - 1: Distribution of Marks and Questions – Total Marks - 250
|Paper 1: Subject Name||Number of questions|
Paper - 2: Distribution of Marks and Questions – Total Marks - 250
|Paper 2: Subject Name||Number of questions|
|Preventive and Social Medicine||40|
Stage 2 – Interview / Personality Test – Total Marks – 100
During the interview stage, candidates are tested for their leadership skills; social skills; readiness to accept responsibilities; the capacity to take the initiative; and withstand pressures.
UPSC CMS Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of both the papers will comprise of topics from the MBBS syllabus. The one of the biggest advantage in the UPSC CMS syllabus is that it does not include any General Knowledge or General Studies topics. Since there are no current affairs topics, most of the syllabus is static and the only part which can be said as the dynamic part of the UPSC CMS syllabus is the research and techniques.
UPSC CMS 2020: Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility from below as mentioned in the official brochure.
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- The subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Note: For a person belonging from category 2 to 5 have to issue a certificate of eligibility from Gov. of India.
(ii) Age Limit
A candidate for this examination must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August, 2020, i.e. the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1988. However, for Junior Time Scale Posts in Central Health Services, the upper age limit must not exceed 35 (thirty-five years) on the aforesaid cut-off date.
The upper age limit is relaxed in the following cases. The candidates lying in these categories can avail for age relaxation.
|SC/ST||Upto 5 years|
|Other backward class||Upto 3 years|
|Domicile of Jammu and Kashmir||Upto 5 years|
|Defence service personnel disabled in operations||Upto 3 years|
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service||Upto 5 years|
|ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years Military Service||Upto 5 years|
|In the case of disability||Upto 10 years|
(iii) Educational Qualifications
- To be eligible, candidates must be passed the written and practical of the final M.B.B.S examination.
Application Fee For UPSC CMS 2020
The application fee for the UPSC CMO 2020 Exam can be deposited in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates: Exempted
- General Candidates: Rs 200/-
UPSC CMS 2020: Steps To Apply
Here is the screen shot of the UPSC Combined Medical Service Online Application 2020.
- Click the direct link to open the apply online link directly or go to the official website of UPSC.
- As the link opens, if you are already registered login with the credentials, otherwise click the part 1 registration and read the instructions.
- Click on “I agree” to proceed for the form submission.
- Now, fill the identity credentials, education qualification, and address.
- Click Continue and submit Part 1 Registration.
- Part 2 registration comprises of logging in the registration ID and DOB.
- Fill all the important details like the selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
- Press “I agree” button after he finds that information supplied by him is in order and no correction is required.
- Pay the required application fee if applicable.
- Take the Print out of the final form.
UPSC CMS 2020 Salary Structure
UPSC CMS had many salary structure but the range of salary is between Rs. 56,100-1,77,500/- Monthly.
Apply Online For UPSC CMS Recruitment 2020
Click on the link that is given below to apply online for the ongoing UPSC CMS Recruitment 2020. Apply for the post for which you are suitable.
Some Useful Important Links
Pay Exam Fee
Re Print Form
Q. How many vacancies are there for the UPSC Combined Medical Services 2020?
Ans. There are a total of 559 Vacancies for the UPSC Combined Medical Services 2020.
Q. What is the date to apply for the UPSC CMO Recruitment 2020?
Ans A candidate can apply online for the UPSC CMO from 29th July to 18th August 2020.
Q. What are the posts for which I can apply for the UPSC CMO 2020?
Ans. You can apply for the post of UPSC Junior Scale Posts, Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, Assistant Medical Officer (AMO), General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO), and General duty Medical Officer Gr-II.
Q. What is the exam date for the UPSC 2020 Combined Medical Services?
Ans. The exam date is October 22, 2020 for UPSC CMO 2020.
Q. What will be language of the question paper for the UPSC CMS 2020?
Ans. The UPSC CMS question paper will be set only in English.
Q. What is the Exam Pattern for the UPSC CMS 2020?
Ans. There will two stages of the Exam, One will be Computer Based Paper of 500 Marks followed by a personal interview.