Vidyasiri Epass Scholarship 2020 – Last Date, Eligibility, Application Status
Check out the Vidyasiri Epass Scholarship 2020. Recently the government of Karnataka released the notification about “Epass scholarships” named as Vidyasiri EPass Scholarship or Karnataka Epass Scholarship(ವಿದ್ಯಾಸಿರಿ ಇಪಾಸ್ ವಿದ್ಯಾರ್ಥಿವೇತನ). So in this article, we are going to provide the most important details for the students of Karnataka about Epass Scholarships. Students are requested to apply for Vidyasiri Epass Scholarship through the official website before the last date. Before applying for the Scholarship, you need to know the details such as eligibility criteria, how to apply, last dates, etc. The Application forms are available on the official government website of Karnataka.
The main criteria for declaring the Vidyasiri Scholarship by the Government is to provide higher education for the backward classes. Students who are financially backward and can’t afford higher studies should utilize this opportunity. The Government provides Vidyasiri Scholarships to meritorious students of SC/ST/OBC categories.
Vidyasiri Epass ScholarShip 2020
|Name of the Epass Scholarship||Karnataka Epass Scholarship/ Vidyasiri Epass Scholarship|
|Applications available from||Available Now|
|Applicable for||SC/ST/OBC Students|
|Scholarship Issued by||Government of Karnataka|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs 1500/- Per month|
|Last Date for applying for Scholarships||Update soon|
These type of Epass Scholarships benefits many students to reach their dreams and goals regarding higher studies. Karnataka Scholarships providing financial support to the students taking the next step in removing illiteracy in the State. Candidates can apply for Vidyasiri Epass Scholarship through online mode. However, before applying for this scholarship let me give you the eligibility details.
What is the Vidyasiri ScholarShip?
The main motto of the Epass Scholarship is to help the merit students to afford higher education. Under these Scholarships, the tuition fee will be paid by the Government in the form of a Scholarship reducing the burden to the backward classes.
Vidyasiri Epass Scholarship Eligibility
- Students must belong to SC/ST Category.
- Candidate’s parental income should not exceed Rs 2,00,000 per year.
- Students should have at least 75% of attendance.
- Students must pursue a post-matric course in any college in Karnataka State only.
- Applications must be submitted through online mode only.
- Candidates are requested to submit the required documents within 7 days after the application form commences.
- Students should have Aadhar linked bank account for Direct Benefit Transfer(DBT).
Required Documents for Vidyasiri Karnataka Epass Scholarship
Candidates applying for Karnataka Scholarships should submit the below-mentioned documents. Please have a look over it.
- Aadhar Card of Father/Mother/Guardian
- Caste Certificate
- Bank Pass Book
- Income Certificate
- Bonafide Certificate of the Respective College
- SSLC Certificate
- Residential Certificate
How to Apply Online for Vidyasiri Epass Scholarship
Here is the step by step procedure to be followed for applying for the Karnataka Epass Scholarship. Please follow this process while applying.
- Visit the official website karepass.cgg.gov.in
- Click on the link “Apply Online”.
- Now Click on Fresh Application 2020.
- Fill all the necessary details.
- Upload necessary documents that are required.
- Take a printout of the application form after completing it.
- Alert! Pragathi Grameena Bank, Kaveri Grameena Bank, and Krishna Grameena Bank Account holders to select their banks as in the snapshots CLICK HERE
- Government Order Regarding Fee Concession Scheme CLICK HERE
- Notification issued to Public for guidelines to Apply Online CLICK HERE
- Notification issued to Students for guidelines to Apply for Post Matric Scholarship CLICK HERE
- Notification issued to Students for guidelines to Apply for Food & Accommodation Scholarship CLICK HERE
Check out the Vidyasiri Epass Application Status Online
- Candidates have to visit the official website.
- Click on the “Karnataka Epass Application Status” link.
- Enter your Application Number.
- Select the Academic Year.
- Choose the SSLC pass type and enter the passed year.
- Enter the SSLC registration number and Date of birth details.
- Now Click on get status details now. Your Kar Epass Status Details will be displayed on the screen.
How much amount/ fund is allocated to a beneficiary under each scholarship?
Check the scholarship amount below-
Free Hostel Accommodation- It covers the complete hostel and accommodation fee of the student.
PMS FAAS, FC and NUR- Under this, scholarship of Rs.15000/- to 500 Secondary PUC and Rs.10,000/- to 1000 SSLC students is offered on the basis of merit.
Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/Secondary PUC- It also covers full fee of the course.
Is it compulsory to send the attested copy of documents to the district/Taluka Office?
Yes, without this application process will be completed and such applications will not be considered.
Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department
No. 16/D, 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan,
Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar,
Bangalore – 560052
Phone No.- 8050370006 (Hostel, 8050770005 (Scholarship), Prathibha, IAS/KAS (8050770004)
What is Karnataka ePASS?
ePASS stands for Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarship). It is an online portal of Govt. of Karnataka for Vidyasiri Scholarship.
How many types of scholarships are provided under Vidyasiri scholarship?
Total three types of scholarships are provided. These are-
Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/Secondary PUC
PMS FAAS, FC and NUR
Free Hostel Accommodation/Fee for Post-Matric Courses
I have missed my Application No. How can I get it?
To know your application no. you have to open Karnataka ePASS portal and have to follow the procedure shared above in this article.
How can I apply for Vidyasiri Scholarship?
You can submit your application through Karnataka ePASS portal.
Do I have to apply separately for each type of scholarship?
Yes, you can check the eligibility requirements and other details for all the types of scholarships given in this article.
I am from Kerala, am I eligible for this scholarship?
No, this scholarship is only meant for the students of Karnataka state. To avail the benefit you should have Kerala Domicile.
How students are selected for scholarships. Is there is any selection test?
No selection of students made on be basis applications and eligibility/ merit. No selection test is conducted.
Who does the selection of eligible students for Vidyasiri Scholarship?
The selection process is conducted by the committee formed by the respective Taluka/ District Office.
Which are the post matric courses for which Vidayasiri scholarship is provided?
The post matric courses are as follows-