Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch a digital payment platform called e-RUPI via videoconference today at 4 pm. The platform, which was developed by the National Payments Corporation of India in collaboration with the Ministry of Financial Services, Ministry of Health and Family Care, and National Health Authority, claims to be a customized and specific digital payment solution.
Digital technology is transforming lives in a major way and is furthering ‘Ease of Living.’ At 4:30 PM tomorrow, 2nd August, will launch e-RUPI, a futuristic digital payment solution which offers several benefits for its users. https://t.co/UpLgtBl1K3
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 1, 2021
The PMO said it is expected to be a revolutionary initiative in the direction of ensuring a leak-proof delivery of welfare services.
“Digital technology is transforming lives in a major way and is furthering ‘Ease of Living.’ At 4:30 PM tomorrow, 2nd August, will launch e-RUPI, a futuristic digital payment solution that offers several benefits for its users,” PM Modi had tweeted on Sunday.
Some of the benefits of e-RUPI You Don’t know:
1) e-RUPI is a cashless and contactless digital payment.
2) Connects service sponsors and beneficiaries digitally.
3) Ensures leak-proof delivery of various welfare services.
4) It is a QR code or SMS string-based e-voucher, which is delivered to the mobile of the beneficiaries.
5) The users of this seamless one-time payment mechanism will be able to redeem the voucher without a card, digital payments app, or internet banking access, at the service provider
6) e-RUPI connects the sponsors of the services with the beneficiaries and service providers in a digital manner without any physical interface.
7) It also ensures that the payment to the service provider is made only after the transaction is completed.
8) Being pre-paid in nature, it assures timely payment to the service provider without the involvement of any intermediary.
9) Apart from regular payments, it can also be used for services under schemes like providing medicines and nutritional assistance under maternal and child welfare schemes, TB eradication programs, medicines and diagnostics under schemes like Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, fertilizer subsidy, etc.
10) These digital vouchers can also be used by the private sector for its employee welfare and corporate social responsibility programs,